Elianna’s birth story – Day 2

Day 2 – January 11/11 (ok, so 10/11 didn’t work, but man, 11/11 would make a FANTASTIC birthday!  Come on, Baby!)

By 8:30am we all were up and moving.  The hospital called, wondering where Mom was.  They were expecting her to show up for a non-stress test and so Dr. Lindsay could re-induce her if she wasn’t in active labour yet.  Dad promised them we would be in after breakfast. We got ready, and went down to have some toast and coffee. It was one of those hotel continental breakfasts where they should just say “Stay with us and we”ll give you a doughnut!”  Mom and Dad texted their “fan club” that was waiting with baited breath for news of the baby.  My contractions had pretty much stopped, so it was nice to get a bit of a break, but I was disappointed too.  When we did finally show up at the hospital around 11am they made us wait in the triage waiting room for a while. Finally they put us in the little curtained area.  The grouchy nurse wanted Mom to get up on the bed so she could check her. Dad thought it would be hilarious if he got up on the bed and covered himself with the sheet. I agreed it would be quite funny, I just didn’t think Nurse Grouchy would agree!

The nurse checked Mom and there was no change.  We got in trouble for having removed the Cervadil and were told that we would have to start all over again. I think they were extra upset because they thought Janeya had removed it, and they resent non-medical people interfering in their birth process.  I quickly made sure they knew that WE had done it, and Janeya had nothing to do with it.  I had to go throw up in the bathroom, and was crying because I just wanted to be DONE already.  Or run away from the hospital, ANYTHING to escape another round of Cervadil!  Jerry comforted me, and we decided to go do some walking with Janeya in an attempt to get things going.  But right then the doctor showed up, anxious to put in more Cervadil and hurry off.  Mom asked if she could spend the 2 hours of monitoring in the chair rather than the bed so she was more comfortable.

Once they finally cut Mom loose we stopped by Tim Hortons where Dad messed with the drive-through guy a bit, and headed back to the hotel to eat.  Grandma and Grandpa Siebert stopped by to see how Mom was doing. We settled in and began to watch the Incredibles.  Mom starting having contractions again. She was so tired and didn’t want to go through another night like last night.  At 6pm Mom called in to the hospital. She was supposed to come in at 7:30 for a non-stress test and she decided if she was in a lot of pain to get a shot of morphine then.

However, once we got to the hospital her contractions stopped.  Mom was monitored for 20 minutes and then we walked around for a while.   We decided to go have supper and went and had great Chinese food.  That was a fun memory!  Then we went to Superstore and walked around and found the most hilarious singing creatures that we played with for a while.

Finally we headed back to the hotel, everyone was tired.  The front desk clerk couldn’t believe we were back again with no baby! We stayed and talked to her a bit and then head on to the room and got ready for bed.

     Had a good 6 hours of sleep.  Man, did I ever need that!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s