33. Thankful for a few slower days at home this week. Last week I worked 5 days straight and then fell behind at home… so it feels good to catch up!
34. Thankful I don’t HAVE to work full time. I work because I enjoy it (and the extra $ is definitely a huge plus!) but I am glad Jerry is past school, and work can stay casual and there is no pressure anymore.
35. Thankful to work for a company that encourages continual learning and pays for courses for us. Last week’s 2 day Supportive Pathways course was so helpful for learning how to better care for our clients with dementia. It was good to have the chance to stop and look beyond the diagnosis to the PERSON that is still there underneath. It is heartbreaking to watch them slowly lose themselves, and the family too. Dementia has been described as “the longest goodbye.” It was good to learn how to walk beside them in this journey and best help them them.
36. In spite of the last several rainy days, I’ve been enjoying the beautiful colors. I’ve been gone from NB long enough that AB falls are looking beautiful again 😉 (their colors are SO much more vibrant than ours!)
37. Thankful for our first good tomato crop since we got married!!! Apparently pruning before mid-August really helps. Who knew 😛
Good tomato crops are huge, for a Siebert. Even if this is still a far cry from what Dad’ s 170 plants produce, I’m happy :)